Search This Blog

Katherine's Dabblings


Saturday 26 April 2008

Chess Board


I saw these stamps on Ebay but was outbid at the last moment. It wasn't you was it? Lol! Anyway, once I'd seen them I had to have them. As you do! My trusty friend Mr Google located them for me and this is my first play with them. It's a magnetic notice board that I alcohol inked. For some reason when I stamped the chess squares, the ink lifted the alcohol ink. No matter; quite like the effect. The larger chess pieces are fimo and the smaller ones are shrink plastic. All the chess pieces have magnets attached so all the pieces can be rearranged.

11 comments :

Sian said...

This is brilliant! Now, where did you get those stamps?

PS. It wasn't me!

Viv said...

Wasn't me either!!! But I wish it was cos it looks fabby!!

Unknown said...

nifty idea :)

Nicks said...

It wasn't me... but the SSO has got those stamps so it may have been her (don't believe it when se tells you she got them from USA)
But............. welcome to the world of blogs, I absolutely love your chess board!!!

PBird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PBird said...

Your chess board looks brilliant! I hope you dont mind but i've added you to my list of fave blogs xx

Sherry said...

Wow Katherine, it's great! What a way to start a blog!!

DF - Heidi said...

i just totally adore this it is out of this world - and no it wasnt I that outbid you LOL - i got brought these stamps last july when OH went to the states so Mrs OGNO ;0)~ just ask tom

sooo looking forward to seeing so many more of your creations KT

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Katherine, fantastic chessboard. Will be a regular visitor to your blog so keep it up lol!

Ange J Lee said...

Just found your Blog Katherine - well done it's looking good - keep it up. Love the chess board!

If you don't mind I'd like to add your link on my website and am looking forward to seeing even more great work from you on here soon.

Take care

Ange x

www.freewebs.com/agnestheredtutorials

kathleen said...

Fabulous piece of work!